Twitter is one of the most popular social media platforms being used by people across the globe. It allows users to send direct messages, just like Instagram. You can send messages and receive messages from your contacts via Twitter.
These direct messages are not different from tweets. The only difference is that a lot of people have access to your tweet but only the sender and the receiver have access to a direct message which makes it much more private. Many new marketers know how to buy twitter followers from promotion services but they also need to know about interacting with them. Direct messages help you communicate with the followers on twitter instantly and fast.
Moreover, you can type up to 140 words in a message which are not too much, but you also have the option to send multiple messages so don’t worry about the limitations of the word count. Another great thing about direct messages on Twitter is that it allows only those users to send you a message who follow you i.e. only your followers can send you a message.
This feature ensures you are not getting any irrelevant messages, which is indeed great. Businesses are also using Direct Messages to connect to their customers.
How to send DM
Through Twitter Application on Phone
Sending messages on Twitter just takes a minute. You can send direct messages from your phone as well whether you use android, or apple.
You just have to make sure that you have installed the application on your phone. The procedure is just so simple and it involves a few easy steps.
- Simply open the Twitter application. Log in to your account.
- Tap on the messages icon. This icon is at the bottom.
- Tap on new message.
- Type the name of the contact you want to send the message. Select the user and tap on Next, which will open a new message window.
- You will see “Start a new message” written on screen. Tap on that, and keyboard will appear.
- Type the message and tap on “Send” This will send your message to the user.
- However, if you want to add a picture or a GIF, tap on the GIF or camera icon on your screen. This allows you to add photos or videos in the message.
Through Web Browser on Windows
Sending a direct message on Twitter via a web browser is as easy as sending through a twitter app on cellphone. To send a direct message from your computer, you just have to go through a few following steps.
- Open Twitter on your web browser.
- Log in to your account if you haven’t already.
- You would see a Messages icon at top of your screen. Click on it.
- Then click on New Message. A window will open showing frequently contacted users. If you want to DM any of these people, simply tap on their name.
- However if you don’t, you would have to type the user’s name. Select the user.
- The user will be added to the New Message list.
- Click on Next, the message window will appear.
- Type your message and click on Send.
- If you want to add photos along with the text, tap on the camera icon to add a picture and then click on send.
For More Blogs, CLICK HERE